Save to your scrapbook
Baked cod with braised miso cabbage & basmati rice
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
125g basmati rice
2 cod loins, about 100g each
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small (or ½ large) pointed spring cabbage, sliced into quarters lengthways
4 salad onions, sliced into 2cm lengths
1 tbsp red miso paste
1 tbsp soy sauce
200g sugar snaps, trimmed
Handful of radishes, about 4-6, thinly sliced
Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Boil the rice in a medium saucepan over a high heat with plenty of water for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain, return to the pan, cover and keep it warm.
2. Place the cod onto a lined baking sheet and season. Rub 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil onto the fish, and bake for about 8-13 minutes, or until cooked through, white in colour, opaque and easily flaked with a fork. Remove from the oven and leave it to rest.
3. Heat a large frying pan, then add half a tbsp of vegetable oil and heat for a further 30 seconds. Place the cabbage into the hot pan, cut-side down, for 2 minutes without moving it, then turn the cabbage and repeat on the other side until roasted and golden on the cut sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Return the pan to the heat with the remaining oil and fry the salad onions for about 2 minutes or until golden. Reduce the heat and add the miso paste with 200ml water and the soy sauce. Return the cabbage to the pan, cover and leave to braise for 5 minutes. Then add the sugar snaps and cook for a further 2-4 minutes and remove from the heat.
5. Serve the rice on warmed plates, place the cod on top with the braised cabbage on the side, pour over the sauce with sugar snaps. Zest the lime over the fish and squeeze the juice over the radishes in a small bowl on the side. Serve together.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Jul 25 13:27:39 BST 2019.
Average user rating