Save to your scrapbook
Berry breakfast muffins
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Makes: 12 muffins
175ml of essential Waitrose Long Life Unsweetened Soya Milk, plus 3 tbsp
tsp juice of an essential Waitrose Lemon
100g essential Waitrose Raspberries, washed
150g essential Waitrose Blueberries, washed
3 tablespoons of the essential Waitrose Canned Chickpea liquid
140ml essential Waitrose Olive Oil + extra for greasing the muffin tins
300g essential Waitrose Self Raising Flour
1 teaspoon Waitrose Cooks' Baking Powder
100g Waitrose Golden Caster Sugar
100g Cooks' Ingredients 70% Dark Chocolate (grated), or 100g essential Waitrose Porridge Oats
To decorate (optional)
2 tsp juice of an essential Waitrose lemon
2 tbsp of icing sugar
Tiny bit of the juice of 2 squashed raspberries for colour
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Take a 12-cup muffin tin and grease with oil or line with muffin cases. Set aside.
2. In a little bowl mix together 175ml milk and the lemon juice. Set aside for at least 5 minutes. In a larger bowl mix together the rest of the wet ingredients: the oil, 3 tablespoons of milk and the berries. Combine and set aside.
3. Next, in another larger bowl mix together the dry ingredients: the flour, baking powder, sugar and chocolate or oats. Then add the wet ingredients, including the milk/lemon mixture and mix until just combined. Evenly distribute into the prepared muffin tin.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes until the tops are golden. Allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack.
5. While they are cooling, prepare the glaze (if using) by combining the lemon juice and icing sugar. To add colour, use the juice of 2 mashed raspberries. Drizzle over the muffins and enjoy!
This recipe was first published in September 2017.
Average user rating