Save to your scrapbook
Bo's Kitchen's cherry pomegranate pavlova
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
While all Waitrose recipes are tested extensively, we do not test any community or third party recipes, so cannot verify the results or answer queries concerning them.
Makes: 6 - 8
1 can chickpeas in water
120g icing sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla powder
3 tbsp Waitrose morello cherry conserve
3 tbsp maple syrup
CRANBERRY POMEGRANATE SYRUP
1/2 cup cranberries
1/2 cup pomegranate arils
Fresh cranberries, raspberries, red grapes and cherries
Waitrose Cooks’ glacé cherries
2 sprigs of rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 120•c and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Get a large mixing bowl ready. Make sure it is spotlessly clean, by wiping bowl with a little vinegar to remove any residue.
2. Prepare cherry drizzle swirl by gently heating cherry conserve and maple syrup in a small pan until runny. Take off the heat and allow to cool. Pour cherry drizzle into a small cup and save the pan for cranberry syrup.
3. To the same pan, add 1/2 cup cranberries and 1/2 cup pomegranate arils. Simmer gently for 10 minutes, or until the cranberries start to burst. Taste and add a little maple syrup if needed. Use a potato masher to squash everything together, then strain into a small jug.
4. Add drained water from the can of chickpeas to the clean mixing bowl. Pop chickpeas in the fridge to use for another dish. Beat chickpea water on a slow speed with an electric whisk until bubbly. Increase the speed and whip for about 5 minutes, until soft peaks form.
5. Add in icing sugar a tablespoon at a time. Once incorporated, add cream of tartar. Keep beating for about another 4/5 minutes, until the meringue is glossy with stiff peaks.
6. Use a side plate to draw a circle with pencil on your greaseproof paper. Spoon 3/4 of the meringue in heaping tbsp dollops of meringue around the circle to form a wreath. Save your leftover meringue mix in the fridge for the vanilla cream.
7. Spoon over some of the cherry drizzle and swirl around with a toothpick to incorporate. Save the rest in the pan for making the cranberry pomegranate sauce.
8. Turn the oven down to 100•c and bake in preheated oven for 2 hours 45 minutes. Switch off the oven and leave overnight to dry out. Try to avoid opening the oven door.
9. To assemble, re whip your leftover meringue mix with a tsp vanilla powder to make vanilla cream. Top wreath with dollops of cream, berries and grapes followed by cranberry syrup. Decorate with a few rosemary sprigs. Serve immediately.