Save to your scrapbook
Cajun chicken with mango & quinoa
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
270g pack British chicken Cajun marinated breast fillets
1 red Romano pepper
200g pack avocado & feta side salad
2 trimmed salad onions, roughly chopped
28g pack coriander, trimmed
1 lime, half juiced, half cut into wedges
205g pack mango chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Put the chicken onto a baking sheet and place the whole pepper next to it.
2. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, there is no pink meat and the juices run clear. Remove the tray from the oven and leave the chicken to rest on it for 5 minutes. Place the pepper in a bowl and cover to cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a small food processor, blitz half the leaves from the side salad pack with the salad onions, half the coriander leaves, all the coriander stalks, lime juice and the dressing from the salad pack. Season.
4. Remove and discard the skin, stalk and seeds from the whole pepper, then cut into chunks.
5. Slice the chicken across each fillet. Pile the quinoa, avocado, feta and remaining leaves from the salad pack onto 2 plates with the pepper, mango, remaining coriander, chicken, and any resting juices. Drizzle with the blended coriander salsa. Serve immediately with the lime wedges to squeeze over.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in April 2019.
Average user rating