Save to your scrapbook
Cheesy bean burritos
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
These burritos are super tasty and a satisfying nod to the Mexican family favourite. They’re perfect to eat straight from the oven or pop one into a lunch box and take it to school.
This is a Full Time: Get Cooking with Marcus and Tom recipe. Premier League footballer Marcus Rashford and chef Tom Kerridge have created the campaign as part of #EndChildFoodPoverty to get families across the country cooking nutritious, low-cost meals.
1 mug of basmati rice
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp tomato purée
1 tin of mixed beans
4 tortilla wraps (white, wholemeal or ‘half and half’)
4 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
1. Whack the oven on at 180°C.
2. Put the rice in a sieve and rinse it well under the tap for a few minutes. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and then add the rice and cook for 8-10 minutes. Once cooked, drain the rice and set it aside.
3. Peel and roughly chop the onion and garlic. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and, once hot, add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes until golden brown. Then add the garlic and tomato purée and cook for a few more minutes.
4. Drain the beans into a sieve and rinse under the tap, then add these along with the fajita spice mix and the drained rice to the pan and give it all a good stir.
5. Lay a piece of kitchen foil onto a flat surface and place one of the tortilla wraps on top. Spoon 1/4 of the bean and rice mixture onto the middle of the wrap, then top this with a sprinkling of grated cheese. Fold the top and bottom of each wrap up and over the filling, then fold in the sides - rolling it up tightly so the filling is securely wrapped up. Finally, wrap the whole thing in the foil. Repeat this process for the remaining 3 wraps.
6. Pop all the wraps in their foil in the hot oven for 8-10 minutes until the wrap is soft and the cheese is melted.
7. Pop the burritos onto plates, peeling away the foil wrapping before digging in!
This recipe was first published in Sun Oct 03 11:35:11 BST 2021.