Save to your scrapbook
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
6 skinless free-range British chicken breast fillets
12 slices Parma ham
55g finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Handful fresh thyme leaves, chopped
8 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
70g plain flour
250g fine fresh breadcrumbs
4-6 tbsp olive oil
70g bag rocket or watercress
Chilli-infused oil, to drizzle
1. Place the chicken breasts between sheets of clingfilm and bash out using a rolling pin until double the size (roughly 0.5cm thick). Discard the clingfilm and season the chicken breasts.
2. Lay 2 slices of Parma ham next to each other on the board so that they slightly overlap. Sprinkle over one-sixth of the Parmigiano Reggiano and a little of the thyme. Top with a chicken breast and bring the excess ham up and over the sides to partly cover. Repeat with the rest of the chicken, ham, cheese and thyme.
3. Lightly beat 2 eggs and transfer to a shallow tray or bowl. Put the flour in another and the breadcrumbs in a third. Dust the chicken all over first in the flour, dip to coat in the egg and finally completely coat in the breadcrumbs. Place on a large lined baking tray.
4. Preheat the oven to 140°C, gas mark 2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add three of the chicken breasts and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to the baking tray and keep warm in the oven while you fry the remaining chicken. Meanwhile, in 2 separate frying pans, fry the remaining eggs (or cook 3 at a time) until cooked to your liking.
5. Serve each chicken breast topped with a fried egg, a handful of salad leaves, some freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of chilli oil.
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating