Save to your scrapbook
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
This classic Mexican dish is usually deep-fried: our version is simply finished off under the grill.
350g pack essential Waitrose British Chicken Mini Fillets, diced
382g jar Discovery Fajita Season & Sauce
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 yellow or orange peppers, deseeded and diced
8 Discovery Plain Flour Tortillas
50g Gruyère or Cheddar, grated
½ x 230g tub essential Waitrose Reduced Fat Sour Cream & Chive Dip
2 tbsp Discovery Green Jalapeños
1. Mix together the diced chicken and fajita seasoning.
2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the seasoned chicken, onions and peppers and cook for 8–10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through with no pink meat and the peppers are tender.
3. Stir in the fajita sauce and cook for another minute or so until heated through.
4. Spoon a quarter of the filling onto the centre of each tortilla and sprinkle over some grated cheese. Fold over the 4 sides to form neat, square parcels.
5. Place the parcels, joint-side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet and cook under a medium grill for 2–3 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Transfer to 4 plates and serve with a spoonful of dip and a scattering of jalapeños.
Typical values per serving:
34.6g protein, 7.7g fibre
Average user rating