Save to your scrapbook
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
A family favourite that’s as tasty as it is satisfying. This recipe has some great shortcuts, making it nice and easy; and it’s versatile - the sauce can also be used for a bolognese or chilli con carne.
This is a Full Time: Get Cooking with Marcus and Tom recipe. Premier League footballer Marcus Rashford and chef Tom Kerridge have created the campaign as part of #EndChildFoodPoverty to get families across the country cooking nutritious, low-cost meals.
For the sauce:
500g 5% fat beef mince
1 mug of frozen onions
1 mug of frozen sliced mixed peppers
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp low-salt gravy granules
2 x 25g sachets of white sauce mix
2 mugs semi-skimmed milk
40g grated mozzarella cheese
9 sheets of lasagne
1. Heat a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Once hot, tip in the mince and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook for around 10 minutes, until the mince is evenly browned.
2. Peel and grate the carrot, then add this along with the frozen onions and peppers to the pan. Cook for a few minutes more to soften, stirring often.
3. Once the onions are soft, add the tomato purée and cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, then fill the tin with water and add to the pan. Stir in the gravy granules. Bring it to a gentle bubble and cook over a low-medium heat, stirring often, for around 45 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
4. Pop the oven on at 180°C, then make the white sauce. Pour the milk into a pan and add the white sauce powder. Whisk together until the sauce thickens, as per the packet instructions.
5. Now build the lasagne. Into a deep ovenproof dish, spoon in a good layer of the sauce, then lay on 3 sheets of lasagne and spoon over a nice covering of the white sauce. Repeat this process 2 more times, making sure to cover the final layer of lasagne sheets just with white sauce. Sprinkle over the cheese and a bit of pepper, then cook in the hot oven for 45 minutes.
6. Then serve it onto plates and enjoy!
This recipe was first published in Thu Oct 14 11:49:50 BST 2021.