Save to your scrapbook
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
1 litre chicken stock
Pinch of saffron
1 tbsp olive oil
4 chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
100g cooking chorizo, chopped into 1cm pieces
1 red onion, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
2 large, ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
250g Waitrose Bomba Paella Rice
200g trimmed green beans
200g raw, shelled king prawns
25g pack flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
2 lemons, sliced into wedges
1. Bring the chicken stock to the boil and add the saffron. Turn off the heat and leave the stock to infuse while you start the rest of the dish.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan. When hot, add the chicken and brown all over. Remove the chicken to a plate and drain off any excess oil from the pan. Add the chorizo, onion and garlic and fry for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
3. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes, by which time they should start breaking down. Add the rice and stir through to mix. Return the chicken to the pan and pour over the infused stock. Scatter the green beans over the top and season generously.
4. Cover the paella with a circle of baking parchment then simmer the liquid for 25 minutes without stirring. Add the prawns, pushing them in to the rice. Cover again with the baking parchment
and cook for a further 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the dish to sit for 5 minutes.
5. Serve up the paella sprinkled with chopped parsley and a wedge of lemon to squeeze over.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Tue Sep 15 09:50:00 BST 2015.
Average user rating