Save to your scrapbook
Coconut curry cauliflower gratin
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 tbsp organic curry powder
2 tbsp salt
¾ tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Shichimi Togarashi
2 tbsp coconut oil
100g vegan spread
200g oat drink
2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Crispy Fried Onions
½ x 25g pack chives
1. For the curry salt, combine the curry powder, salt and togarashi spice blend together. Set aside.
2. To start the cauliflower, trim and discard the leaves and base from both cauliflowers. Cut each cauliflower into 4 pieces. Set aside 2 pieces for the purée.
3. Heat the coconut oil and vegan spread in a large, nonstick frying pan over a moderately high heat. Add 2 tsp of the curry salt and cook the remaining 6 cauliflower quarters for 4 minutes on each side, basting with the flavoured fat. This is best done in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Remove and set aside.
4. For the purée, cut the reserved, uncooked cauliflower quarters into smaller, even-sized florets. Place the oat drink into a pan over a medium heat and add the florets. Cook until the cauliflower completely softens. Blend the mixture to a smooth purée, adding ½ tsp of curry salt to the mixture. Set aside.
5. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Spread the cooked cauliflower out in a large 2-litre ovenproof dish. Spoon over the cauliflower purée, using a spoon to smooth it over. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until tender and golden. To serve, scatter over the crispy onions and plenty of freshly snipped chives. Season to taste with more curry salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Nov 28 10:44:21 GMT 2019.
Average user rating