Save to your scrapbook
Corned beef, sweetcorn and red onion hash
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
500g pack Waitrose small Charlotte potatoes, halved
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large red onion, finely chopped
340g can corned beef, diced
326g can essential Waitrose sweetcorn, drained
25g pack Cooks’ Ingredients flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients chilli sauce
300g steamed broccoli, to serve
1. Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 12-15 minutes until just tender. Drain, set aside until cool enough to handle, then cut into 2cm cubes.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft but not browned.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the diced potato, onion, corned beef, sweetcorn, parsley and chilli sauce.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan. Add the corned beef mixture and cook, stirring, over a medium heat until the meat starts to brown and the potatoes crisp up.
5. Preheat the grill. Pat the hash mixture into a flat cake shape and brown the base in the frying pan over a high heat for a couple of minutes.
6. Place the pan under the grill for 3-4 minutes to brown the top, then serve with the steamed broccoli.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in February 2013.