Save to your scrapbook
Courgette risotto torte
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
20g Waitrose Duchy Organic Butter, plus extra for greasing
3 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
250g Riso Gallo Organic Arborio Risotto Rice
1 Waitrose Duchy Organic Onion, finely chopped
2 cloves Waitrose Duchy Organic Garlic, finely chopped
400g Waitrose Duchy Organic Courgettes, grated
3 Waitrose Duchy Organic Large Free Range Eggs, beaten
50g pecorino cheese, grated
125g mozzarella, grated
25g pack basil, chopped, plus a few leaves to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Grease a 23cm loose-bottomed cake tin and sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the base.
2. Place the rice in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes then drain.
3. In a large frying pan, melt the butter over a medium heat then cook the onion for a few minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Add the courgettes and cook for 10 minutes until tender then transfer to a large bowl.
4. Stir in the rice, eggs, pecorino, mozzarella and chopped basil. Spoon into the prepared tin pressing the mixture down firmly and smoothing off the surface.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes until set, golden and a little crispy on top. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then serve garnished with basil leaves alongside a tomato and red onion salad.
Cook’s tipLeftovers are perfect for picnics and lunchboxes.
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating