Save to your scrapbook
Crispy leek and potato pie
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Filo pastry makes a super easy pie top; just scrunch it up and you’re ready to go - a cheat’s pie!
This is a Full Time: Get Cooking with Marcus and Tom recipe. Premier League footballer Marcus Rashford and chef Tom Kerridge have created the campaign as part of #EndChildFoodPoverty to get families across the country cooking nutritious, low-cost meals.
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tin of cooked new potatoes
1 vegetable reduced salt stock cube
1 tin of leek and potato soup
5 sheets of filo pastry
1. Whack the oven on at 180°C.
2. Peel and cut the onion into small wedges. Next, heat 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes until starting to brown.
3. Trim the leeks and cut them into chunks, then rinse under water to get rid of any dirt. Add them to the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes.
4. Tip the vegetables into a high-sided roasting tin or tray. Drain the tin of potatoes and cut each potato in half, then add these to the roasting tin and crumble over the stock cube. Add a bit of pepper and stir in the tin of soup.
5. Get your sheets of filo pastry and scrunch up each one, then arrange them on top of the vegetables to make your pie top. Use a pastry brush to brush the filo pastry with 2 tbsp of the vegetable oil. Don’t worry if you don’t have a brush, just use your finger. Then sprinkle over a bit more pepper.
6. Put the pie in the hot oven to cook for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and the sauce is bubbling. Serve it onto plates and dig in!
This recipe was first published in Mon Oct 04 12:13:14 BST 2021.