Save to your scrapbook
Dhruv Baker’s Roasted butternut squash salad with Moroccan cous cous
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
This is a great idea for a summer lunch or a light supper, but it could equally make a good side dish for a barbecue or picnic.
For the salad:
1 large butternut squash
2 medium red onions, cut into eighths
4-5 sprigs of thyme
4-5 cloves of garlic (skin on and crushed)
4 tbsp light olive oil
70g pack wild rocket
200g feta cheese, crumbled
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
50g toasted pine nuts (optional)
For the cous cous:
200g cous cous
400ml chicken stock
25g pack parsley, finely chopped
28g pack coriander, finely chopped
10-12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 shallot, finely chopped
25g flaked toasted almonds
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp runny honey
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Peel and halve the squash, scraping out the seeds. Cut into 3-4 cm pieces.
2. Mix the squash with the onion, thyme, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a roasting tin and place in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
3. Tip into a large bowl and allow to cool slightly, then mix through the rocket and feta.
4. Cook the cous cous according to the packet instructions, replacing the water with chicken stock.
5. Fork through the cous cous and stir through the parsley, coriander, cherry tomatoes, chopped shallot and the almonds. Drizzle with honey and a squeeze of lemon juice.
6. Drizzle the lemon and extra virgin olive oil over the salad, scatter with the pine nuts (if using) and serve warm or at room temperature with the cous cous.
This recipe was first published in June 2014.
Average user rating