Save to your scrapbook
Dhruv Baker’s Chicken Milanese with spaghetti & tomato sauce
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Prepare: 15 minutes Cook: 20 minutes
20ml olive oil
500g ripe tomatoes, halved
1 sprig basil
1 sprig fresh oregano
300g essential Waitrose Spaghetti
4 chicken breasts (about 500g)
50g plain flour
2 essential Waitrose eggs, beaten
Oil for frying
1. Heat a heavy bottomed saucepan until extremely hot. Pour in the oil and immediately add the tomatoes, which should sizzle and steam a lot! Leave for a minute or two then stir, add the herbs and cover.
2. Stir every minute or two and keep cooking at the high temperature for about 10 minutes, then turn down to a medium heat and cook for another 10 minutes.
3. Season and serve as is or strain for a smooth sauce.
4. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling water for 10 minutes until tender, then drain.
5. Place the chicken breasts between cling film and flatten with rolling pin, then dip the escalopes in flour, then the egg then the breadcrumbs and shallow fry gently for 5 minutes each side until golden. Season and serve with a squeeze of lemon with the spaghetti and tomato sauce.