Save to your scrapbook
Filo-topped scallop, prawn & salmon pies
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
1 large echalion shallot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
30g plain flour
100ml medium sweet white wine
300ml fish stock
150g Gruyère cheese, grated
25g pack fresh parsley, finely chopped
3 x 175g packs Waitrose Raw Scallops
2 x 220g packs Waitrose Jumbo King Prawns (ready to eat)
2 x 150g packs Waitrose Kiln Roasted Scottish Salmon Slices
270g pack Jus-Rol Filo Pastry Sheets
2 tbsp dried parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. For the sauce, heat 50g of the butter in a medium saucepan, add the shallot and gently cook for
3 minutes until softened but with no colour. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute until softened.
2. Stir in the flour to coat the shallots and garlic, then gradually pour in the wine and ladle in the fish stock, stirring continuously until
a thick, smooth sauce is formed.
3. Add the Gruyère and parsley with plenty of cracked black pepper. Gently stir in the scallops and cook for 2 minutes in the sauce before adding the prawns and salmon. Spoon into 6 ovenproof dishes about 14cm x 12cm x 5cm deep.
4. Melt the remaining butter. Cut
the filo sheets in half and brush with the melted butter, scattering with dried parsley as you go. Scrunch 2 pieces of pastry on top of each pie.
5. Place in the oven to cook for about 20 minutes until golden and crisp. Serve bubbling and hot.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Dec 17 10:06:00 GMT 2015.
Average user rating