Save to your scrapbook
Dhruv Baker's griddled lamb with salsa verde
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Serves: 20 minutes
8 lamb loin chops
6 tbsp olive oil
2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
2-3 sprigs rosemary
4 cloves garlic, unpeeled and bruised
500g new or baby potatoes
4 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp unsalted butter
3 courgettes, cut into ½cm wide lengths
700g fresh broad beans, podded
1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
FOR THE SALSA VERDE
25g pack flat leaf parsley
½ x 25g pack basil
½ x 15g pack oregano
2 tbsp nonpareille capers, drained
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
½ tsp Dijon mustard
1-2 tsp lemon juice
100ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Place the chops in a non-metallic tray along with the 3 tbsp olive oil, thyme, rosemary, garlic and seasoning. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. For the salsa verde, finely chop the herbs, capers and cornichons. Mix with the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste. Cover and chill until needed. Allow to come up to room temperature before serving.
3. Bring the potatoes to the boil in a large saucepan of lightly salted water. Cook for 8-10 minutes, drain and leave to cool, then cut into thick slices. Warm the vegetable oil and butter in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the potatoes and cook for 7-8 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue, grill or griddle pan until very hot. Cook the chops for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked to your liking. Leave to rest then season. Brush the courgette slices with a little olive oil and cook for 1 minute each side until tender.
5. Cover the broad beans with boiling water and leave to stand for 3 minutes. Drain, cool and remove the skins. Mix the beans with the courgettes, mint, seasoning and the remaining olive oil. Serve with the lamb and potatoes.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in August 2017.