Save to your scrapbook
Gammon with mustard leek sauce and swede mash
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
• 500g swede, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
• 15g unsalted butter
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 leeks, thinly sliced
• 200g half-fat crème fraîche
• 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
• 2 unsmoked gammon steaks
• ¼ tsp ground paprika
1. Put the swede in a pan and coverwith water. Bring to the boil and cook for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain, then mash with 15g butter, season and set aside.
2. Meanwhile heat ½ tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook the leeks over a medium heat for 10 minutes to soften. Stir in the crème fraîche and mustard and season.
3. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Brush the gammon with the remaining oil, season and sprinkle with the paprika. Griddle for 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Serve with the mash and a good spoonful of the sauce.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in November 2015.