Save to your scrapbook
Giant couscous salad with aubergine and feta
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
200g Merchant Gourmet Wholewheat Giant Couscous
400g can essential Waitrose Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp ras el hanout
1 tbsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground
2 tbsp groundnut oil
25g pack fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
2 x 28g packs fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
100g feta cheese
1 tbsp harissa
100ml natural yogurt
110g pack Waitrose Fresh
2 tbsp CypressaTahini sauce
1. Cook the couscous according to pack instructions.
2. Toss the chick peas in a bowl with the lemon juice, ras el hanout and cumin seeds. Add the couscous, season and set aside.
3. Heat a griddle pan or barbecue until hot, cut the aubergine into wedges, brush with the groundnut oil and griddle for 4 minutes until charred and tender.
4. Toss the herbs in with the couscous, gently mix in the aubergine and pile onto a plate. Crumble over the feta.
5. Mix the harissa with the yogurt, drizzle over the salad, scatter with the pomegranate seeds and a drizzle of tahini sauce. Serve with flat breads and houmous.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Mon Jul 15 15:32:00 BST 2013.
Average user rating