Save to your scrapbook
Glazed pork loin steaks with celeriac & carrot mash
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
1 pack essential Waitrose 4 British Pork Loin Steaks
1 small Waitrose Celeriac (about 600g), peeled and chopped into 2cm chunks
2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into 3cm chunks
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
1–2 tbsp maple syrup
75ml semi-skimmed milk
Knob of butter
1–2 tsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp chopped parsley
500g tub Waitrose Onion Gravy, warmed, to serve
1. Grill the pork loin steaks under a medium grill for 18–20 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, cook the celeriac in a pan of boiling water for
5 minutes, then add the potatoes and carrots to the pan and
cook for a further 12–15 minutes, or until all the vegetables
3. Brush the pork steaks with maple syrup and return to the grill. Raise the heat to high and cook for 2 minutes until they are nicely browned and cooked through with no pink meat.
4. Drain the vegetables well then return to the pan and stir over
a medium-high heat for 1–2 minutes until dry. Add the milk, butter, mustard and parsley and mash until smooth. Season to taste.
5. Divide the mash between plates and serve with the glazed pork
and warm onion gravy.
Try swapping the parsley for a few finely chopped sage leaves
to add a fragrant twist.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in October 2015.
Average user rating