Save to your scrapbook
Green olive tapenade & homemade breadsticks
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Makes: 30 (approx)
FOR THE BREADSTICKS
500g strong white bread flour
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp caster sugar
7g sachet dried yeast
75g unsalted butter, softened
½ x 20g pack rosemary, finely chopped
250ml warm milk
Polenta to sprinkle on sheets
FOR THE TAPENADE
340g jar pitted green olives
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 tbsp capers
25g pack basil leaves
30g Cook’s Ingredients Chargrilled Tomatoes In Olive Oil
50ml extra virgin olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. To make the breadsticks, place the flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a bowl. Gently rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the rosemary and the milk, then tip out and kneed for about 10 minutes until a soft dough forms. Place into a lightly oiled bowl and leave to rise for 1 hour.
2. Tip the dough out of the bowl and, without the use of flour, roll into a 1cm thick rectangle approx 30cmx20cm. Cut into about 30 strips 1cmx20cm long, then roll into pencil shapes.
3. Lay the dough sticks onto baking sheets sprinkled with polenta and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
4. For the tapenade, drain the olives and rinse under cold water, then tip into a food processor. Add the garlic, capers, basil, walnuts and tomatoes, and blitz to a very course paste. Add the oil and lemon and blitz again to give a textured paste.
5. Serve the breadsticks warm with the olive tapenade.
Typical values per serving:
For 6, 5 breadsticks per serving