Save to your scrapbook
Griddled prawn salad with tahini dressing
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 x 180g packs Waitrose Extra Large King Prawns
1 tbsp oil
2 tsp ground cumin
2 little gem lettuce, trimmed, leaves separated and larger ones halved
4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
2 avocados, peeled, stones removed and sliced
2 tbsp small mint leaves (or torn mint)
4 tbsp coriander leaves
For the tahini dressing
Juice of 1 lemon
25g Cooks’ Ingredients Tahini
1 small clove garlic, crushed (optional)
1 tbsp runny honey
2 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
1. In a bowl, toss the prawns, oil and cumin. Set aside.
2. Whisk together all the ingredients for the tahini dressing with 1 tbsp cold water and a pinch of salt.
3. Arrange the lettuce, pomegranate seeds, avocado, mint and coriander in a bowl or on a platter.
4. Griddle the prawns (or fry them in a non-stick pan) for 3-4 minutes until pink and cooked through. Scatter them onto the salad.
5. Drizzle with the dressing and toss together to serve.
Typical values per serving:
1 of your 5 a day/gluten free
This recipe was first published in Thu May 09 14:03:26 BST 2019.