Save to your scrapbook
Healthychefsteph's Grilled halloumi, fresh fig and beetroot salad
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
A deliciously light lunch, full of soft sweet flavours, which can also be served with chicken or salmon.
2 Cups Wild Rocket
50g Halloumi (thinly sliced)
150g Beetroot Sliced
3-4 figs cut into quarters
Handful of pumpkin seeds
For the Dressing:
50ml Olive Oil
25ml Apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp water
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place your halloumi in a really hot griddle pan, and cook each side for a minute or so. The cheese should soften slightly as it cooks.
2. Meanwhile in a separate bowl, mix the ingredients for the dressing.
3. Mix together the rocket, beetroot and figs.
4. Add the dressing and toss until the salad is evenly coated.
5. Top with the halloumi and nuts and enjoy!
While all Waitrose recipes are tested extensively, we do not test any of the community recipes, so cannot verify the results or answer queries concerning them.
This recipe was first published in February 2016.