Save to your scrapbook
Herby sweetcorn muffin loaf
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
• 100ml sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
• 200g self-raising flour
• 3⁄4 tsp salt
• 1 tsp paprika
• 10g chives, roughly chopped
• 10g dill, roughly chopped
• 2 large eggs
• 60g Essential Cheddar, grated
• 2 Essential Sweetcorn
• Salted butter, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 450g loaf tin. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and herbs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and cheese.
2. Use a sharp knife to slice the kernels carefully from one of the corn cobs, then pound into a paste with a pestle and mortar; whisk into the egg mixture. Slice the kernels from the second cob and stir into the dry ingredients, then fold in the egg mixture, until just combined.
3. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean and the sides are starting to come away from the tin. Cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with butter for spreading.
Typical values per serving: