Save to your scrapbook
Hot vegan stir-fried tofu & mixed vegetables
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
• 300g straight to wok udon thick noodles
• 160g pack baby sugar snaps, sliced lengthways
• 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 2-3cm piece fresh root ginger, cut into matchsticks
• 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
• 3 salad onions, cut into 2cm lengths
• 1⁄2 x 400g pack Cooks’ Ingredients Frozen Asian Mixed Vegetables
• 1⁄2 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
• 280g pack The Tofoo Co. Teriyaki, cut into 1cm cubes
• Pickled sushi ginger, sesame seeds and fresh coriander, to serve
For the stir fry sauce
• 2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Red Miso
• 1 tbsp mirin
• 2 tsp dark brown soft sugar
• 11⁄2 tbsp sake or water
• 1⁄2-1 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Shichimi Togarashi
1. To make the stir fry sauce, mix the miso, mirin, sugar, sake or water and togarashi in a small bowl, then set aside.
2. Place the noodles and sugar snaps in a colander and pour over a kettle of just boiled water to quickly blanch them. Drain, then transfer to a bowl and drizzle with sesame oil to prevent them from sticking.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok set over a medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic and salad onions and sauté for a minute, then add the frozen vegetables and red pepper and stir fry for a further 3 minutes.
4. Stir the tofu, noodles, sugar snaps and stir fry sauce into the pan, then reduce the heat and cook for a minute or so until warmed through and the frozen vegetables are cooked through. Divide between 2 bowls and scatter with sushi ginger, sesame seeds and coriander.
Typical values per serving: