Save to your scrapbook
Lime, coriander & chipotle poussin with pickled cucumber grains
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 Gressingham Corn Fed Poussins
2 unwaxed limes
28g pack fresh coriander
1 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Chipotle Chillies, crushed
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tsp caster sugar
2 x 250g sachets Merchant Gourmet Glorious Grains With Red Rice & Quinoa
Greek yogurt, to serve
1. Remove the string and cut down the poussins either side of the backbone and remove. Open them out and press flat on a board, skin-side up. Slash the skin several times using a sharp knife and put in a shallow dish in one layer.
2. Finely grate the lime zest and chop half the coriander. Mix in a bowl with the chipotle, 1 tbsp of the oil, and some salt. Rub all over the poussin, cover and chill for at least 1 hour or until ready to cook.
3. Halve the cucumber, then using a swivel peeler cut down into ribbons. Put in a sieve and sprinkle with 2 tsp salt. Set over a bowl and leave to drain for 20 minutes, then rinse and pat dry with kitchen paper. Tip into a bowl, stir the vinegar and sugar together, then pour over the cucumber and mix well. Cover and chill until needed.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Roast the poussin for 30-35 minutes, basting halfway through.
5. Heat the grains according to pack instructions. Dress with the juice from the two limes, the remaining oil, and seasoning. Roughly chop the remaining coriander. Cut each poussin in half and serve with the pickled cucumber and grains. Scatter over the coriander and add a spoonful of yogurt to each serving.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in September 2018.