Save to your scrapbook
Martha's salmon en papillote with miso, lime & ginger
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
• 240g pack 2 Scottish salmon fillets, skin removed
• 2 tsp miso paste
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp mirin
• Finely grated zest and juice 1 lime
• 2cm piece ginger, peeled
• 2 salad onions, finely chopped
1. To make the marinade, stir together the miso paste, soy sauce, mirin, lime zest and juice in a medium-sized bowl. Grate in the ginger. Add the salmon, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour or, better still, overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Cut two large rectangles of baking parchment and lay each out on the work surface. Place the marinated salmon on the parchment , top the fillet with a sprinkle of sea salt and a handful of salad onions.
3. Fold the empty half of the parchment paper over the salmon and crimp the edges closed, as if making a square pasty. Repeat with the second piece of salmon, then put the parcels onto a baking tray.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes. The salmon should be tender and cooked through. Serve in the parcel, so none of the juices are lost, or transfer to plates and drizzle over the juices.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Tue May 08 15:08:00 BST 2018.