Save to your scrapbook
Pea & bean salad with soft boiled eggs
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 shallots, very thinly sliced
Juice 1 lemon
4 Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
280g essential Waitrose Runner Beans, sliced diagonally
250g essential Waitrose Round Beans, trimmed
500g essential Waitrose Peas, shelled
2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh mint
1 large green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
25g pack 2 slices Waitrose Farm Assured Parma Ham
1. Put the sliced shallots into a bowl with half the lemon juice and set aside.
2. Cook the eggs in a small pan of boiling water for 8 minutes, then peel and halve.
3. Meanwhile, cook the beans and peas in a separate pan of boiling water until tender. Drain and cool under running water, then place
in a large bowl. Add the mint, chilli, remaining lemon juice and olive oil and toss well together.
4. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan and cook the Parma ham for 1–2 minutes on each side until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
5. Divide the dressed beans and peas between 4 serving plates.
Top each with the shallots and boiled eggs. Crumble the Parma ham into small pieces, scatter over and serve.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Jul 31 09:48:00 BST 2014.