Save to your scrapbook
British gammon, egg & chips
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
800g essential Waitrose Potatoes, cut into wedges
1 tbsp essential Waitrose Vegetable Oil
2 tsp paprika
2 x essential Waitrose Smoked British Gammon Steak, halved
2 tsp essential Waitrose Wholegrain Mustard
4 Waitrose Free Range Eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.
2. Place the potato wedges in a large plastic bag or bowl and toss in the oil, paprika and seasoning. Spread them out onto a large baking tray and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, coat the gammon steaks with the mustard and place on a grill rack under a preheated grill for 7 - 8 minutes, turning half way.
4. Poach the eggs in boiling water according to taste.
5. Serve the gammon with the wedges, topped with an egg.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in January 2012.