Win our Specialists’ Christmas case of 12 bottles of wine!
To enter, simply tweet your favourite wine for entertaining friends at Christmas.
Your tweet must include the words:
My favourite #festivewine for entertaining friends is… http://bit.ly/1bNekOp @waitrose
About this competition:
Multiple entries are OK! Each tweet you make will count as an entry. The Winner will be announced by 11.00 on Thursday 19 December 2013. We will contact the winners by Direct Message on Twitter so please follow @waitrose on Twitter and check your DMs.
Terms and conditions
- Entries must be via twitter.com/waitrosewine and entry into the draw implies acceptance of these conditions.
- Entrants must also be following the Waitrose Wine Twitter account (@waitrosewine).
- There will be one winner (“Winner”).
- This competition is open to mainland UK residents only (excluding Channel Islands and Northern Ireland), except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with them.
- All entrants must be aged 18 or over. The Winner must provide proof of age in the form of a readable image of photographic identification, before the prize id delivered.
- The Prize is 1x The Specialists’ Christmas case of 12 bottles of wine. Full prize contents can be found here: http://bit.ly/1cOXhQC
- There is no cash alternative to this prize.
- The prize will be awarded to the first entry selected at random on 19 December 2013 from all the valid entries received by 11.00. Entries received after the closing date cannot be considered. No automated entries permitted.
- Delivery restrictions apply. Check if we deliver to your area here: http://bit.ly/17wQsUl
- The Winner will be notified by a @mention from the Waitrose Twitter account on Thursday 19 December. The Winner will be invited to DM (“Direct Message”) Waitrose to engage in conversation, provide proof of age and to arrange delivery of the prize.
- All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winners; however, if the Promoter is unable to contact a winner within 24 hours, an alternative winner will be chosen subject to the same terms and conditions specified herein. Those entering are advised to check their Twitter DMs from 09.00 on 19th December 2013.
- After the announcement of the winner, the winner has 24 hours in order to reply to accept their prize. After this point, the prize may be re-distributed.
- Publicity may be given to the competition Winner and their name and/or Twitter handle and/or entry will be announced via the Waitrose Twitter account. No payment will be made for entries except the prize awarded to the Winner.
- Waitrose and partners accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury caused by any prizes won.
- All entries must be received by 11.00 on Thursday 19 December to be considered as a valid entry into the competition. No responsibility will be accepted for any entries that are illegible, incomplete, lost or delayed in transit or which fail to be properly submitted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this promotion.
- The Winner will be selected at random by the Waitrose Social Media Team at 11.00 on Thursday 19 December from all the valid entries received by the closing date/time. Entries received after the closing date/time cannot be considered.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- All reasonable effort will be made to contact the Winner; however, if the promoter is unable to contact a winner within 24 hours of the selection, the promoter reserves the right to select another winner from the entries already received subject to the same terms and conditions specified herein.
- If a winner of the prize is unable to take up their prize for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
- If events occur that render the promotion or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond Waitrose’s reasonable control, it may, at its discretion, vary or amend the promotion accordingly and the promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in such circumstances.
- The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control.
- The promoter reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
- This promotion and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Waitrose are responsible for the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition.
- We will never release your personal details to any company outside the John Lewis Partnership for mailing or marketing purposes, unless you opt-in to receive information and offers. In this instance, personal details are used for the purposes of awarding the competition prizes only.
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You understand that by entering the competition you are providing your information to Waitrose and not to Twitter.
- You must comply with all of the rules regarding the use of Twitter including but not limited to any rules relating to the entry of promotions on Twitter.
- By entering the promotion you release Twitter from any action or claim arising out of the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion must be directed to Waitrose and not Twitter.
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion.