Save to your scrapbook
Crab & coconut salad
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
200g pack trimmed fine green beans, halved
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp mild curry paste
½ tsp ginger paste
1 tsp honey
4 shallots, finely sliced
200g white crab meat
90g pack coconut
Juice of ½ lemon
25g roasted peanuts, chopped
1. Blanch the green beans in boiling water for 4 minutes until al dente. Drain and refresh in a bowl of iced water.
2. Put the coconut oil in a small frying pan and heat, then add the curry paste, ginger and honey, frying gently for 1-2 minutes. Add a splash of water to loosen and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
3. Remove the paste mixture from the pan and place in a bowl. Allow to cool a little, then stir in the beans and shallots, and coat well.
4. Place the crab meat and fresh coconut in a large bowl, and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Place the bean mixture on top and toss gently.
5. Serve sprinkled with the chopped peanuts.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in February 2017.
Average user rating