Save to your scrapbook
Roast chicken with peppers
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
• 4 skin-on chicken thighs
• 1 medium leek, cut into thirds and halved lengthways
• 2 Essential Red Peppers, chopped into 4-5cm chunks
• 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 ciabatta roll, torn into 4-5cm chunks
• 30g skin-on almonds, roughly chopped
• 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
• 1⁄2 x 25g pack flat leaf parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6. Put the chicken, skin-side up, in a large roasting dish with the leek, peppers and garlic in a single layer. Drizzle over the oil, season and toss everything together. Roast for 25 minutes, turning everything apart from the chicken halfway through the cooking time.
2. Remove and set aside the garlic. Add the ciabatta and almonds to the dish and roast for a further 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat remaining. Squeeze the garlic out of its skin into a small bowl and mash with a fork, then stir in the vinegar and pour over everything in the dish. Scatter over the parsley to serve.
Typical values per serving: