give a little love
Right now, there are families in our community who need help more than ever.
That's why Waitrose and John Lewis are working together to donate essential food, goods, support and money to those in our community hit hardest by the pandemic.
We couldn’t do this without our charity partners FareShare and Home-Start.
Or you, our customers.
FROM OUR FARMS TO FAMILIES IN NEED
We’re working with our farmers to redirect a total of five million apples, sweet baby sprouts, carrots and mushrooms to help create over a million meals for families in need.
We’re proud of our reputation for working closely with our farmers and suppliers to provide deliciously fresh, high-quality produce.
Now, we’re using these long-standing relationships to bring food from farm to family. More specifically, those families who need it most.
We’re asking our farmers to donate any surplus fresh food, making sure nothing that can be eaten is left behind. In total, five million apples, sweet baby sprouts, crooked carrots and mushrooms will be redirected to help create over a million meals for families in need across the UK.
We’ll also support the charity FareShare by offering our delivery vehicles to drop off donations.
“This is a great initiative. You’re seeing people who are really in need getting healthy, nutritious food. A lot of care and attention has gone into growing it, and to see it getting used as food is very satisfying to us.”
William Burgess, farmer, Produce World
GIVE A LITTLE
For every Waitrose and John Lewis store nationwide, we’ve given £3000 to support the needs of their communities. We’ll work with Home-Start to provide food, heating, clothing, technology, data and mental-health volunteers. Meanwhile, FareShare will ensure struggling families have access to food.
GIVE A LITTLE
John Lewis & Partners is donating almost 5,000 items of clothing from its childrenswear, womenswear and menswear ranges to keep families in need warm and comfortable during the third and coldest lockdown. The clothing will be distributed to 10 communities that have been most affected by the pandemic.
GIVE A LITTLE
LOVE FOR THE NHS
We’re working in partnership with the British Medical Association to provide 500 care packages to doctors and nurses across 186 hospital trusts. Brimming with essentials and treats to keep them refuelled and refreshed, the packages show our appreciation for our frontline NHS heroes during the pandemic.
OUR CHARITY PARTNERS
Please click below to donate online if you’d like to help FareShare and Home-Start support families in need.
FareShare redistributes surplus food from the food industry to charities and community groups across the UK – creating almost a million meals every week for vulnerable people.
Home-Start provides trained volunteers to support families with young children through challenging times – because childhood can’t wait.
“We” / “Us” means John Lewis plc, registered office 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. Registered in England. Company registration number 233462. VAT number GB232457280.
1. 100% of your donation will go to FareShare (reg charity no. 1100051) and Home-Start UK (reg charity no. 1108837; Scotland reg charity no. SC039172) (“the Charities”) and will be divided equally between them (minus a 5% platform charge).
For each text message sent, you will be charged £3 plus your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). How donation charges are shown on your bill is subject to your network's process.
2. If you would like to contribute a different amount, you can donate online at https://givealittlelove.donr.com/waitrose.
3. Donations made by credit/debit card are subject to a 1.4% + 20p processing fee payable by the Charities. Donations made only using Paypal are subject to a 2.9% + 30p processing fee payable by the Charities.
4. No VAT will be charged on your donation.
5. All money donated via text message and online will be matched by us up to the sum of £2million.
Who can donate?
6. You must be aged 18 or over to send a text donation.
7. Please note that you can donate using this SMS service from a UK mobile only. You cannot donate using this service from the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile.
8. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile when you are outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges levied and retained by your network operator.
9. You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message.
10. There is no limit on the number of times you may donate via text but there is a daily limit of £30 on text donations from the same mobile number.
Incorrect keywords and short codes
11. If you enter the keyword incorrectly, your donation to FareShare and Home-Start UK may not be successful, and you may still be charged your standard network message charge.
12. If you send your text message to an incorrect short code, or you otherwise fail to correctly follow the instructions in these Terms and Conditions, you will not donate to FareShare and Home-Start UK, but you may still be charged your standard network message charge.
13. If you are a UK taxpayer, your donation may be eligible for Gift Aid. This means FareShare and Home-Start UK can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate.
14. Neither John Lewis & Partners nor Waitrose & Partners accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
15. This SMS service may not be supported by all Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO). If a specific MVNO does not support the service, then following an attempt to donate via text message, no donation will be made, nor error message received,but you may still be charged your standard network message charge. This SMS service is being provided by Donr Ltd, company registration number 10402410, whose registered address and main trading address is The Stables, Back St Georges Terrace, Newcastle, NE2 2SU.
16. Donations may be made from 13 November 2020 to Midday 4 January 2021. Any donations made after the end date may not be successful, and you may still be charged your standard network message charge.
18. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Customer Generated Content
By submitting any content to John Lewis & Partners, you represent and warrant that:
you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
all "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
you are at least 18 years old;
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold John Lewis & Partners (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to our Ratings and Reviews service provider) harmless from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant John Lewis & Partners a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By commenting “Yes” or “Agree” in response to John Lewis and Partners or Waitrose and Partners when prompted on social media:
You agree to allow John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners to use, for the purposes set out below, your photograph, video and any other media content you submit (Your Content).
You grant John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners exclusive permission to use Your content in support of any advertising and promotional activities carried out by John Lewis & Partners. This may include, without limitation JLP to use your content in any advertising and promotional material (including print, television, online or social media advertisement campaign.
You grant John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute Your Content and/or incorporate Your Content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. This may include John Lewis & Partners distributing Your Content to a third party provider for use in any John Lewis & Partners related advertisement campaign.
You confirm that you are the parent or guardian of any children featured in Your Content, or that you have obtained the express authorisation from the parent or guardian of any children featuring in Your Content.
You understand that for the purposes of administering the CRR services, it may be necessary for John Lewis & Partners to hold and process your personal data and for your likeness to be in the public domain. John Lewis & Partners will process your personal information in line with our Privacy Policies:
Photography credit: Richard Lee/Comic Relief