Mushroom linguine with green chilli verde
This pasta includes a mix of wild mushrooms giving an earthy, intense to the dish with is cut by the zest of the lemon. Makes the perfect, filling meal for 2.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook12 mins
- Total time22 mins
- 10g Cooks' Ingredients Wild Mushrooms
- 200g essential Waitrose Linguine
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 fresh green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 40g Essential Pitted Green Olives, chopped
- 25g pack flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 Lemon, finely grated zest, plus 2 tsp of juice
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
Soak the dried mushrooms in 3 tbsp boiling water. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the linguine for 10 minutes until tender. Combine the garlic, chilli, olives, most of the parsley, lemon juice and 2 tsp of the olive oil in a small bowl.
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the chestnut mushrooms for 5 minutes until golden. Drain and chop the dried mushrooms, reserving the liquid. Add both to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
Drain the pasta, return to the saucepan and add the chilli verde and mushrooms. Heat through for 1 minute and pile onto serving plates. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and lemon zest and serve.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe