Roasted red pepper, aubergine & freekeh salad
The Levantine Table freekeh grain pouch makes a great base for salads – it packs in a variety of grains and pulses (great for gut health) with herbs and spices to add layers of flavour in just one hit.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook20 mins
- Total time30 mins
- 1 Essential Red Pepper, deseeded and sliced into 2cm strips
- 1 Essential Aubergine, cut widthways into 2cm strips
- ½ tbsp Essential Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp non-dairy yogurt alternative
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 300g pack The Levantine Table Freekeh, Black Rice & Chickpeas
- ¼ x 25g pack mint, leaves picked, larger leaves torn
- 30g pistachios, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. On a large baking tray, mix together the red pepper, aubergine and oil. Season and roast for 20 minutes until slightly charred and tender.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the yogurt alternative and tahini; season. Heat the grain pouch in the microwave according to pack instructions, then toss together in a large bowl with the roasted vegetables. Serve on a platter or divide between 2 plates, with a drizzle of tahini dressing and the mint leaves and pistachios sprinkled over.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe