Salt & pepper cauliflower
Sichuan peppercorns bring a citrussy, tongue-tingling flavour here. Including the cauliflower leaves cuts down on waste and adds a deliciously crunchy texture.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook20 mins
- Total time35 mins
- ½ tsp Sichuan peppercorns
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Essential Vegetable Oil
- 1 Essential Cauliflower, cut into small florets, leaves shredded
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 3 Essential Salad Onions, sliced
- 250g pouch ready-cooked long grain rice
- 2 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- ½ tbsp miso paste
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 20g roasted cashew nuts (unsalted), chopped
Crush both types of peppercorns in a mortar and pestle to a powder, then tip into a large bowl with salt and oil. Toss in the cauliflower florets and leaves until coated.
Heat a large frying pan over a high heat, then add the cauliflower. Cook for 15 minutes, only turning every 5 minutes to achieve a deep golden colour on each side of the florets. Add the chilli and salad onions, then cook for 2 minutes more, until slightly softened.
Meanwhile, heat the rice according to pack instructions. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, miso and sugar. Divide the rice between 2 bowls, top with the cauliflower, drizzle over the sauce and scatter over the cashews.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe