Sausage bake with chimichurri
All you need for this one is a big tray and lots of delicious plant-based ingredients. The chimichurri sauce provides a wonderfully zingy final flourish.
Shop ingredients here
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook35 mins
- Total time50 mins
- 700g Essential Charlotte Potatoes, cut into bitesized pieces
- 2 tbsp Essential Olive Oil
- 2 Essential Red Onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 336g Richmond 8 Meat-Free Sausages
- handful spinach or chopped kale (optional)
- 100g Cooks' Ingredients Herby Chimichurri Portions
Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Toss the potatoes and 1 tbsp oil on a large baking tray. Roast for 15 minutes.
Add the red onions, pepper and remaining 1 tbsp oil to the tray. Sprinkle over the paprika and season, then stir everything together. Nestle the sausages into the tray and roast for 20 minutes, stirring everything halfway through.
Five minutes before the traybake is ready, toss through the spinach or kale (if using). At the same time, put the chimichurri portions in a microwaveable bowl and cover. Heat on full power for 2 minutes 30 seconds, stirring well halfway through. Stand for 1 minute, then stir and serve with the sausages and vegetables.
Originating in Argentina, this herby sauce is usually served with steak – but it’s just as good with roast potatoes if you have leftovers. If you eat meat, try it with chicken or swap in pork sausages in this recipe.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe