Turkey and spring green biriyani
A healthy take on a biriyani which offers a fragrant and punchy rice dish with turkey. The rice is fluffy and when served with spring greens and plenty of spices, makes for a well-balanced dish. A must-try!
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook45 mins
- Total time1 hr
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red Romano pepper, sliced
- 300g turkey breast strips, cubed
- 225g LoveLife basmati brown rice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ x 500g pack essential spring greens, leaves finely shredded
- 250g LoveLife Puy Lentils
- 2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients madras or rogan josh curry paste
- 500ml Cooks’ Ingredients chicken stock, hot
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole and cook the onions and pepper for 5 minutes. Stir in the turkey, rice and cumin seeds and cook for 30 seconds, then add the spring greens, lentils, curry paste and stock.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Then cover the dish and bake for 40-50 minutes, stirring once or twice until the rice is tender and the stock absorbed. Fluff up the rice with a fork and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe