Save to your scrapbook
Creamy greens & eggs on toast
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
• 100g Swiss chard, trimmed
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 echalion shallot, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 235g pack spinach
• 2 British Blacktail eggs
• 2 large slices spelt sourdough • 50g ricotta
• 1⁄2 unwaxed lemon, zest and juice
• Large pinch sumac
1. Finely chop the chard stalks and shred the leaves. Heat 1⁄2 tbsp oil in a large pan over a medium-low heat and soften the chard stalks and shallot with a pinch of salt for 8 minutes. Add the garlic, cook for 1 minute, then add the chard leaves and spinach; stir and cover with a lid. Reduce the heat and cook the greens for 5 minutes, stirring every so often, until tender.
2. Meanwhile, put a medium pan of salted water on to boil and poach the eggs for 3 minutes, until the whites are opaque and the yolks still runny; remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Toast the bread.
3. When the greens are ready, stir in the ricotta and season. To serve, drizzle the sourdough with the remaining 1⁄2 tbsp oil. Top with the greens and lemon juice. Finish with the poached eggs and sprinkle over the lemon zest and sumac.
Typical values per serving:
2 of your 5 a day