Save to your scrapbook
All in one breakfast bap
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
25g butter, softened
2 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Pinch of chilli flakes
4 large Portobello mushrooms, stalks removed
8 rashers smoked streaky bacon
200g cherry tomatoes
4 Italian style ciabatta rolls
4 large essential Waitrose Free Range Eggs
1. Preheat the grill. Place the garlic, butter, parsley and chilli flakes in a small bowl and beat together to make a smooth paste. Lay the mushrooms stalk side up and spread the butter mixture over the inside.
2. Arrange the mushrooms on the grill pan and place the bacon and cherry tomatoes alongside. Grill until the bacon is cooked and golden, the cherry tomatoes have softened and the mushrooms are cooked and tender (about 7-8 minutes), turning the bacon halfway through.
3. Heat the bread rolls according to pack instructions and slice in half.
4. Place a heavy-based frying pan or sauté pan on the hob, pour in about 6cm of boiling water from the kettle and bring to a gentle simmer over a medium heat. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl then carefully tip it into the water. Repeat with the remaining eggs and gently cook for 8 minutes, or to your liking, until the white is set and the eggs yolks are still runny. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon, drying any excess water with kitchen towel.
5. To assemble, place the tomatoes in a bowl, crush with a fork then spoon onto the base of the ciabatta roll. Top with 2 rashers of bacon, then a mushroom and finally, a poached egg. Season with ground black pepper and a pinch of sea salt and serve with plenty of napkins!
Typical values per serving:
More info: 23.5g protein, 2.8g fibre.