Save to your scrapbook
Crunchy fish pie
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
350ml semi-skimmed milk
2 fresh bay leaves
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp white wine
400g pack Waitrose Frozen Sustainably Sourced Fish Pie Mix, thawed
150g Waitrose Frozen Raw, Peeled Jumbo King Prawns, thawed
100g essential Waitrose frozen garden peas
40g fresh breadcrumbs
25g vintage cheddar, coarsely grated
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
360g steamed green beans, to serve
1. Pour the milk into a large saucepan, add the bay leaves and onion and bring to a simmer.
2. Mix the cornflour with 3 tbsp cold water to form a paste. Stir into the milk and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until thickened slightly.
3. Stir in the white wine and fish mix, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the prawns and peas and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the fish and prawns are cooked through.
4. Preheat the grill to medium. Pour the fish mixture into a 1.5-litre ovenproof dish. Mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley, then scatter over the top of the fish.
5. Place under the grill and bake for 2-3 minutes or until the pie is golden brown and crisp on top. Serve hot with the steamed green beans.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in January 2013.