Save to your scrapbook
Easy lemon curd layer cake
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Light in texture, but heavy on flavour, the multiple layers of lemon curd ensure that this cake is extra-moist and citrussy. It’s perfect as an afternoon treat, or top with candles to make a gorgeous birthday cake.
225g self-raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
225g Stork With Butter
225g golden caster sugar
4 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
1 lemon, juice and grated zest
200g soft cheese, such as essential Waitrose Creamy Soft Cheese
2 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
1 tbsp milk
100g lemon curd
1. Grease and line the bases of 2 x 20cm cake tins. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4.
2. Place the flour, baking powder, Stork, sugar, eggs and lemon juice and zest in a large bowl, and whisk for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
3. Divide the mixture equally between the tins, and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and just firm. Leave to cool in the tins for a few minutes, then turn out and allow to cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl beat together the soft cheese, icing sugar and milk until soft enough to spread. Gently ripple this mixture through the lemon curd.
5. Using a breadknife, cut the cake in half horizontally to give 4 layers. Use the lemon curd mixture to sandwich the cakes together into a tall stack. Dust lightly with icing sugar to serve.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe calls for a steaming hot, refreshing lift.Click here to browse our tea and coffee assortment. (opens in a new window).
This recipe was first published in Wed Jun 10 15:09:00 BST 2015.