Save to your scrapbook
New potato salad with a tarragon & shallot vinaigrette
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
750g Jersey Royal new potatoes
1 echalion shallot, finely sliced into 2mm rings
125ml No.1 Valli Trapanesi PDO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 tbsp Belazu Chardonnay White Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp clear honey
10g tarragon, leaves picked and roughly chopped
1. Rinse the potatoes (cut large ones in half) and put them in a large pan with 2 tbsp fine sea salt and 1.5L cold water. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender and easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
2. Meanwhile, make the dressing. Place all the remaining ingredients (apart from the tarragon) and some seasoning in a jar, seal and shake well until combined, thick and creamy.
3. When the potatoes are ready, give the dressing another good shake, then pour half of it into a serving bowl. You can always add more, but you cannot take it away! Any leftover dressing will keep in the fridge, covered, to use the next day on leafy or tomato salads.
4. Drain the potatoes and when they are cool enough to handle, use your palm to lightly crush each potato and immediately place into the bowl of dressing.
5. Toss well, so that every potato is coated. Add more dressing if needed.
6. Cover and leave to one side for 30 minutes, or until ready to serve. As the potatoes cool, they will absorb the dressing. Do not refrigerate. When you’re ready to serve, gently toss the potatoes again and add the tarragon and a generous pinch of sea salt flakes. Toss together once more. Grind some black pepper on the top and serve.
Typical values per serving: