Save to your scrapbook
Tahini chicken traybake
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
• 8 large chicken thighs (skin on, bone in)
• 120ml Cooks’ Ingredients Tahini, stirred so it’s runny
• 4 cloves garlic, finely grated
• 2 tsp paprika
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 1 lemon, juice of 1⁄2, 1⁄2 cut into wedges
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• Hot sauce or sliced fresh green or red chilli, to serve (optional)
1. Season the chicken thighs. In a large mixing bowl, whisk 2 tbsp tahini together with the garlic, paprika, cumin, lemon juice and oil. Coat the chicken thighs in this mixture, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or up to 4 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6. Arrange the chicken thighs in a roasting tin in an even layer and roast for 30-35 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat remaining. Meanwhile, put the remaining tahini in a small bowl and whisk in 60-100ml water (depending on the thickness of the tahini) mixing until smooth and the consistency of double cream. Season with a good pinch of salt and set aside.
3. Remove the chicken from the oven and rest for at least 5 minutes before serving with the tahini sauce, lemon wedges and some hot sauce or chilli, if liked.
Typical values per serving: