Waitrose & Deliveroo
YOU LOVE, DELIVERED
Your groceries could be with you in as little as 20 minutes, thanks to our new relationship with Deliveroo. This super-quick and simple service is now being trialled in selected Waitrose shops. Scroll down to find out where they are, or check on Deliveroo.
IT'S SIMPLE AND EASY
Order on the Deliveroo website or use the Deliveroo app following these four steps
1. Download the Deliveroo app
Go to the App Store or Google Play and search for Deliveroo. Alternatively, you can visit deliveroo.co.uk
2. Find your nearest store
If you live near one of the Waitrose shops taking part in the trial, type ‘Waitrose’ into the search bar to find out if you are in the delivery zone.
3. Add to basket
Select from more than 650 Waitrose and branded products such as ready meals, fruit, vegetables, meat, milk, snacks, store-cupboard and cleaning essentials, as well as beer and wine.
4. Wait for your order to arrive
You can track its progress on the app. Your rider will place your groceries on your doorstep and wait at a safe distance for them to be collected.
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
East Midlands: Trinity Square, Nottingham
Greater London: Banstead; Balham; Bayswater; Bloomsbury; Canary Wharf; Clapham Common; Clerkenwell; East Putney; Hersham; Highbury Corner; High Holborn; Notting Hill; Old Brompton Road; South Bank Tower; Stratford City; Surbiton; Vauxhall; Victoria Street; West Ealing; West Hampstead; Whetstone; Wimbledon Hill;
North West: Cheadle Hulme, Greater Manchester
Scotland: Byres Road, Glasgow
The trial is expected to last until the end of November.
The initial trial began in five shops in September, with further locations added as it progressed.
More than 650 Waitrose and branded products will be available initially, including ready meals, fruit, vegetables, meat, milk, snacks, store-cupboard and cleaning essentials as well as beer and wine.
Yes, between £2.50 and £4.99 depending on how far away from the store you live. There is no additional charge for delivery for Deliveroo Plus members.
Typically, from one hour after the shop opens to one hour before it closes. Opening hours can be found here.
“Deliveroo” means Roo Foods Ltd company number 08167130 whose registered office is The River Building, Level 1 Cannon Bridge House, 1 Cousin Lane, London EC4R 1TE.
“Waitrose” means Waitrose Limited, registered office 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. Registered in England. Company registration number (99405).
1. Within each Waitrose Deliveroo Order, customers may add a £3 “Donate a plate” donation. 100% of any such donation will go to FareShare (reg charity no. 1100051) and be used to help feed those in need within the UK over the Christmas 2020 period.
2. No VAT will be charged on your donation.
3. The total “Donate a Plate” donations made by customers using the Deliveroo service as part of a Waitrose order will be matched by John Lewis and Deliveroo up to a maximum of £10,000 each.
Who can donate?
4. You must be aged 18 or over to donate and may only use your own Deliveroo account linked to your own payment card.
5. There is no limit on the number of donations you can add to an individual Waitrose order, but Deliveroo and/or Waitrose reserve the right to challenge or pause suspected fraudulent activity on any Deliveroo account.
6. If you are a UK taxpayer, your donation may be eligible for Gift Aid. This means FareShare can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate.
7. Neither Waitrose nor Deliveroo accepts any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in a donation being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
8. Donations may be made from 30 November 2020 to 24 December 2021, after which time the functionality within the Deliveroo service to make donations will be disabled and any donations made after this time may not be successful.
9. Deliveroo and Waitrose reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
For questions about Deliveroo’s service, please visit its FAQ page here.