Bream with coconut rice & Thai basil salsa
The Thai basil salsa gives this simple sea bream dish a twist – and it all counts as 1 of your 5 a day.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook5 mins
- Total time15 mins
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 125g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lime, half juiced, half in wedges
- 1/2 x 25g pack Cooks' Ingredients Thai Basil, roughly torn
- 180g pack Waitrose 2 boneless Mediterranean Sea Bream Fillets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 300g pack Waitrose Coconut Sticky Rice Stir Fry
Toss the avocado, chilli, tomatoes and lime juice together. Season and fold in most of the basil, reserving a few leaves.
Season the fish. Warm a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, and add the oil. Add the fish skin-side down and cook for 5 minutes, until the colour changes almost all the way to the top of the fillets.
Heat the rice according to the pack instructions. Turn the fish using a fish slice, add a squeeze more lime juice to the pan, then remove from the heat and set aside for 1-2 minutes until cooked through. Serve on top of the rice, with the salsa spooned over, the lime wedges and the reserved basil leaves scattered around.
For a more traditional Mexican riff on this recipe, replace the basil in the salsa with coriander, and use Santa Maria Latin American Kitchen Spicy Red Rice.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe