Butter beans with wine, tomatoes, anchovies & dill
Serve these hot, warm, or at room temperature. The beans will soak up the dressing as they sit. You can double the recipe using the whole jar of beans and all the dill, then enjoy the leftovers for lunch next day.
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook25 mins
- Total time35 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove/s garlic, crushed
- 100ml dry white wine
- 1½ tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Sun Dried Tomato Paste
- 3 anchovies in extra virgin olive oil, drained and finely chopped
- 270g pack cherry vine tomatoes
- ½ x 700g jar Bold Bean Co Queen Butter Beans, drained and rinsed weight
- ½ x 20g pack dill, leaves roughly chopped
Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and fry the onion with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute more. Pour in the wine and let it bubble away until reduced by ⅔, then stir in the tomato paste and anchovies and mix to coat the onions.
Tip the tomatoes (off the vine), into the pan and cook over a medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, until the tomatoes have softened and burst to make the sauce.
Stir in the butter beans and stir to coat with the sauce. Cook for a few minutes to heat through until piping hot, then season and scatter with the dill to serve.
If using the barbecue to cook the lamb, you can use it to cook the beans too. Use a cast-iron pan and put it on the grill rack, over the hot coals. Move it away from the coals if needed to regulate the temperature.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe