Easy chicken tikka with cucumber raita
Served on warm, wholemeal chapatis with a fresh salad and homemade cucumber raita, this chicken tikka is quickly marinated before being cooked to tender, tasty perfection.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook25 mins
- Total time40 mins
- 350g Activia Natural Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Tikka Curry Paste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ½ x 28g pack Cooks’ Ingredients Coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 lemon
- 4 wholemeal chapati, warmed, to serve
- 275g pack Waitrose Baby Plum Tomatoes, halved
- 50g essential Waitrose Sweet Salad
Mix together 150g of the yogurt and the curry paste in a large bowl, then add the chicken breasts, turning to coat in the mixture. Cover with clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes if time allows.
Meanwhile, halve the cucumber lengthways and scoop out the cucumber seeds using a spoon. Cut into dice, then put in a bowl with the onion, coriander and remaining 200g yogurt. Halve the lemon and squeeze in a little juice, then chill until ready to serve. Cut the remaining lemon half into 4 wedges. Preheat the grill to medium.
Line a grill pan with foil and grill the chicken for 20-25 minutes, turning until nicely browned and completely cooked through with no pink meat.
Slice the chicken, then place on warmed chapatis with the tomatoes, salad and raita. Squeeze over the lemon wedges to serve.
If you like your food spicy, add finely diced red chilli to the raita.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe