Keralan-style prawn & mango curry
Recreate your favourite takeaway in less than 30 minutes. Roughly chop the leftover mango and mix with a little fifinely chopped red onion, lime juice, and a pinch of both salt and sugar for a quick pickle.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook15 mins
- Total time25 mins
- 150g basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 80g pack extra fine green beans, cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 175g jar Keralan Curry Paste
- ½ underripe mango, peeled and fifinely chopped
- 160ml Essential Coconut Cream
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 165g pack extra-large raw king prawns
- ½ x 25g pack coriander, leaves roughly chopped
Cook the rice according to pack instructions. Drain, return to the pan and cover to keep hot. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the oil over a medium-high heat. Once hot, add the beans and chilli; cook for 3-4 minutes or until starting to char. Stir in the curry paste for 2 minutes, then add the mango with 100ml water. Cook for 5 minutes more or until the mango is softening, then stir in the coconut cream, sugar and salt.
Add the prawns and cook for 4 minutes or until pink, opaque and cooked through; stir through 1⁄2 of the chopped coriander. Divide the rice and curry between two bowls, then scatter over the remaining coriander.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe