Mushroom & salad onion broth with ravioli
A mix of chestnut and shiitake mushrooms, tangy salad onions and pillowy ravioli.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare5 mins
- Cook30 mins
- Total time35 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 salad onions, finely chopped, white and green parts separated
- 250g pack chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 150g pack shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ x 30g pack Cooks' Ingredients Wild Mushrooms
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 2 x 250g packs vegan mushroom & roasted garlic ravioli
Warm the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the white parts of the salad onions, chestnut and shiitake mushrooms and garlic. Season. Fry for 5-7 minutes, until browned and most of the moisture has evaporated.
Reduce the heat, then add 1.2 litres freshly boiled water, the dried wild mushrooms and thyme. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add the ravioli and cook gently, with lid on, for 2 minutes.
Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with the reserved salad onions and a generous grind of black pepper.
The thyme can be frozen – simply place any unused sprigs in a freezer bag, seal and keep for up to 3 months. Use what you need, when you need it, straight from frozen.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe